Photo Credit – Elderton Wines
Day 1 – Barossa Valley
The Elderton and Barossa Showcase includes luxury transfers from Adelaide airport to Sequoia Lodge, South Australia’s latest 6-star lodge and premier wine destination with its 14 exquisite pavilions nestled in the Adelaide Hills, high above the Piccadilly Valley. Enjoy a dinner catered to your suite.
Day 2 – Barossa Valley
Pick up form Sequoia Lodge by your specialist wine tour guide, Simon Burley, Head off to the Barossa to start your day at Elderton’s stunning Greenock Vineyard, then arrive at their famous homestead for a day with one of the Ashmead family. Elderton is a wonderful Barossa estate with vineyards dating back to 1894. Celebrated as one of the very best winemakers in the country, the Elderton Command Shiraz was named the world’s best shiraz in 2000 at the London International Wine & Spirit Competition.
- Start your day with a tour of the prestigious Command Vineyard.
- Take a lovely walk alongside the vines to a private tour of Elderton’s winery and barrel tasting.
- Enjoy a personal tour of their original homestead including the famous Duke cellar, with it’s collection of every single Jimmy Watson Winner since the inception.
- Savour a private journey of Elderton Wines in the Founders Room.
- Partake in a sumptuous lunch at Vintners Barossa, with late afternoon return to Sequoia Lodge.
- Take a history tour of Mt Lofty House and it’s famous cellar with pre-dinner sparkling.
- Warm your should with an evening campfire and marshmallow roasting at Sequoia Lodge.
- Enjoy a private dinner, with personal butler, at the Sequoia Lodge fire-pit overlooking Picadilly Valley.
Day 3 – Barossa Valley & McLaren Vale
Start your day with a 4WD tour through the farm hills of the Barossa Ranges, to savour the view at Steingarten Vineyard, overlooking the valley. We then head to Torbreck Vintners, which has assembled some of the finest vineyards and growers in the region to make their ultra-premium wines, with fruit sourced from vines that date back as early as 1840. Enjoy a private tasting at their Cellar Door, followed by a degustation lunch at South Australian icon, Fino Restaurant, described by Australian food critic John Lethlean as “the best place in Australia for a long lunch.” Following the sumptuous lunch, you’ll enjoy a private tour of the Seppeltsfield Estate, walking alongside the longest lineage of single vintage wines in the world in the Centennial Cellar, culminating in a vintage port tasting direct from the barrel, of your birth year. Transfer to the Vineyard Retreat, McLaren Vale’s most luxurious & boutique accommodation, with it’s expansive views over McLaren Vale and the Mount Lofty Ranges. Dinner of local produce & wine catered to your guesthouse.
Day 4 – McLaren Vale
Your specialist wine guide, Simon Burley will collect you from Vineyard Retreat. Head off to meet the local winemaking legends, Toby & Emmanuelle Bekkers, recently voted in the top six winemakers in the country, for a full day immersion into this prestigious label.
- Start with a breathtaking 4WD trip and walk into ancient Onkaparinga Gorge.
- Discuss geology, viticulture and the sub regions that make McLaren Vale famous.
- Trace the ancient geology of the gorge into the modern day vineyards; then enjoy a Vineyard Tour with Toby Bekkers to see where it all starts for Bekkers Wine.
- Lunch at Salopian Inn with Toby & Emmanuelle Bekkers, enjoying this 150 year old homestead and its expansive vineyard views.
- Private tasting at the Bekkers Cellar Door overlooking their estate.
- Experience personal insights into Brugundy with Emmanuelle.
- Finish with a beach drive along Silver Sands, then a private dinner at the Vineyard Retreat with a “young gun of wine” from the region hosting dinner.
Day 5 – McLaren Vale
Visit McLaren Vale icon Wirra Wirra for a tour of the historic ironstone cellars and a private tasting of their Flagship Wines. Lunch at the Victory Hotel or Star of Greece, followed by a private tasting at Yangarra Wines, home of James Halliday’s best Australia wine in 2020. A tour of Hickinbotham Estate to see its private Chateau and Vineyard with its long history of supplying fruit to Penfolds Grange and now a small producer of some of the most sought after single vineyard wines in McLaren Vale.
Pricing Per Person (01 June 2020 – 31 March 2022)
Based on 2 Adults $5980 AUD per person
Based on 4 Adults $5175 AUD per person
Based on 6 Adults $5175 AUD per person
- Expert local Driver/Guide each day
- Luxury vehicle transfers & 4WD touring
- Experiences and meals as per itinerary
- 2 nights Accommodation at Sequoia Lodge
- 2 nights Accommodation at Vineyard Retreat
- Experiences and meals as specified in the itinerary
- Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 10%
Contact Journeys Rediscovered for price & availability to suit your preferred departure dates as a private itinerary
Land-based itinerary is based per person on twin/double share basis (unless otherwise stated), single supplement is available, contact Journey Rediscovered for this surcharge.
Domestic airfares are additional, please contact Journeys Rediscovered for flight options and prices.
Travel insurance is strongly recommended and can be arranged for you for an additional cost.
For full pricing, terms and conditions, contact your MTA Travel Expert, Journeys Rediscovered on 0477002235 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.